Scaling up renovation in Europe (Event co-organised with Turnkey Retrofit Project)
The role of one-stop shops in reaching a fully decarbonised building stock.
Time: 9-12pm CET
This conference will facilitate a dialogue in the midst of the EPBD recast negotiations to identify the value added of home renovation OSS platforms to citizens, municipalities, and the market; to define strategies for overcoming market barriers; to discuss the benefits of renovation programs in alleviating energy poverty; and to highlight best practices amongst OSS programs targeting a variety of stakeholder groups.
The first of three sessions will present the learnings of the Turnkey Retrofit project and Solutions4Renovation platform that have been developed in France, Spain and Ireland with funding from the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme. The discussion will give particular attention to the process of replicating the renovation service in Spain and Ireland.
The second session, co-organised with PadovaFIT Expanded project, will feature other European one-stop-shop initiatives to explore their key success factors and relay what is needed to step up and replicate their services.
This conference is open to anyone interested in the future of building renovations in Europe. Attendance to the conference is free, but prior registration is required.
9.00-9.10: Keynote speech: Setting the scene. Thibault Roy, DG ENERGY, European Commission
9.10-9.20: Supporting local action for renovation with technical assistance tools: insights into the ELENA programme – Louise White, European Investment Bank
9.20-10.10: Session 1: Lessons learned from the Turnkey project, what is next?
• Short presentation of the project and demonstration of the Solutions4Renovation platform – Madeleine Devys, Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment (CSTB)
• Overview of Turnkey Retrofit Business models – Rachel Desmaris, R2M
• Key learnings from the replication in Spain and in Ireland – Asociación Nacional de Empresas de Rehabilitación y Reforma (ANERR), Tecnalia, Irish Green Building Council (IGBC)
10.20-10.50: Session 2: Successful initiatives – what can we learn from them?
• Towards a business model definition for suitable One-Stop Shops: the case of Padova – Annamaria Bagaini, Bocconi University ( PadovaFIT Project)
• Renovating condominium buildings with CoachCopro in the Ile de France region – Karine Bidart, Agence Parisienne du Climat
• H2020 Re-modulees project: insights into the re-modulees platform and the reLABs (renovation Local Advisory Boards) – Maria Sara Di Maggio, ABT and Ana Sanchis Huertas, Valencia Institute of Building
11.00-11.45: Session 3: Panel discussion with all speakers. Moderator: Mara Oprea (PadovaFIT project)
11.45-12.00: Concluding remarks – Dominique Caccavelli, Turnkey Retrofit coordinator, CSTB